These listings are provided for information only; they are not recommendations or endorsements.
Financial Assistance/Insurance Providers
- CareCredit: Pay for healthcare over time for you, your family, and pets with promotional financing available.
- Pet Insurance Fact Sheet: Find information like what is pet health insurance, how does it work, selecting a plan, etc.
- PetsBest: Cover up to 90% of your pet’s unexpected veterinary costs with a Pets Best pet insurance plan with flexible coverage options, and no annual or lifetime limits.
- ASPCA: Is committed to helping pets live longer and healthier lives. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance can make it easier for pet parents to say yes to recommended treatments. And that can make for healthier pets. We’re proud to be one of the largest pet insurance providers in the US and the only strategic partner for pet insurance of the ASPCA.
- Embrace: All of your pet’s unexpected accidents & illnesses are covered with Embrace’s one simple yet comprehensive pet insurance plan. Personalize your policy by selecting the annual maximum, annual deductible, and reimbursement percentage that fit your budget and needs.
- Nationwide: If you want coverage for your bird, rabbit, reptile or other exotic pet, you’ll find it only with Nationwide. This affordable exotic pet insurance plan covers accidents and illnesses as well as examinations, lab fees, prescriptions, X-rays, hospitalization and more.
- Trupanion: When your pet is unwell, the last thing you want to think about is how you will afford their care. Trupanion is here to help our four-legged family members receive the care they deserve when they’re sick or injured.
- Petplan: As animal lovers ourselves, we strive to give our pets long, happy lives. As a pet insurance provider, we strive to deliver the most comprehensive coverage available, giving families peace of mind. Simply put, we aim to be the kind of company that will make our pets proud.
- PetFirst: Less hassle. More coverage. Better peace of mind. PetFirst has the shortest wait periods for accident and illness coverage for cats and dogs.
- Prudent Pet: We want your pets to enjoy good health and receive the best possible care. That’s why we champion pet insurance that is simple to understand, easy to use, and crafted for your lifestyle. We help you do whatever it takes because family comes first.
Training and Behavior
- Canine Adventures, LLC: Find information about dog training and daycare by Heidi Drengler-Goethel.
- Dog Training by Indi: Complete Obedience Training, In Home, and Behavior Modification
- Dog Breed Selector: Determine the right dog breed for your lifestyle with this online quiz.
- Open Paw: Find information about basic training and adopting shelter dogs from Dr. Ian Dunbar.
- Timber Ridge Dog Training Club: TROCCW is a sport-oriented dog training club with members training and competing in a wide variety of dogsports including agility, obedience, tracking, rally, herding, field, coursing, flyball, dockdiving, nosework, and more!
- US Dog Registry: Learn more about dog registration. Register your Service Dog, Emotional Support Dog, or Therapy Dog online.
- Guide Dogs of America: Find a guide dog for the blind or visually impaired in US and Canada.
- Raptor Education Group Inc. (REGI): Located in Antigo, WI, this non-profit is dedicated to caring for injured or orphaned native bird species.
- Wild Instincts: Located in Rhinelander, WI, this non-profit is dedicated to rehabilitating wildlife.
- Northwoods Wildlife Center: Located in Minocqua, WI. A non-profit wildlife rehabilitation and education center.
- Paw Health Network: Local emergency clinic that is open 24/7.
- Fox Valley Animal Referral Center: Located in Appleton and Green Bay, WI. Providing specialty care, specialized diagnostics, and around-the-clock emergency and critical care services.
- Packerland Veterinary Center: Offering care in the Green Bay area, we also accept referrals from other veterinarians. Whether it is utilizing the underwater treadmill for physical therapy, the need for advanced diagnostics or orthopedic services, Packerland will work in conjunction with your current veterinarian to ensure your pet receives the specialized care that is needed.
- UW Veterinary Care: Located in Madison, WI. At UW Veterinary Care our goal is to provide compassionate and outstanding care to every animal we see. From our board-certified specialists to our phone and reception staff to our certified veterinary technicians, we promise to do our best every day. Next time your animal requires veterinary care, turn to us, 24/7.
Grief Support and Pet Burial Service
Humane Societies/Pet Rescues
- Marathon County Humane Society: Located in Wausau, WI. The mission of the Humane Society of Marathon County, Inc. is to inspire and engage the community to end animal suffering and commit to responsible pet ownership. Our vision is a cruelty-free community enriched by the special bond between people and animals.
- New Life Pet Adoption Center: Located in Marathon, WI. A No-kill shelter and place of safety for all animals. Who strives to provide the community with good, healthy, adoptable animals and to maintain maximum animal control through education, training, and a spay and neuter policy.
- Sandi Paws Rescue: Sandi Paws Rescue is a 100% volunteer, Foster home based dog rescue. We do not have a shelter location.
Boarding and Grooming Services
- Cat Nutrition: Putting a little thought into what you feed your cat can pay big dividends over their lifetime and very possibly help them avoid serious, painful, and costly illnesses. See what nutrition-savvy veterinarians, including board-certified veterinary internists, are now strongly recommending.
- Purina Pro Plan: Get pet food delivered right to your home with Vet Direct. Avoid an extra errand and get FREE ship on on all orders and receive special coupons and promotions.
- iVet: Pet food produced with only the highest quality, most necessary ingredients, and available at reasonable prices.
- FDA – Recalls: Find a list of pet food recalls and how to report a complaint.
- Animal Poison Control: The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A consultation fee may apply.
- Veterinary Partner: A wide variety of articles and handouts on multiple different species.
- Indoor Pet Initiative: Articles on feline and canine physical and emotional needs.
- CAPC: The Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) is an independent council of veterinarians, veterinary parasitologists, and other animal health care professionals established to create guidelines for the optimal control of internal and external parasites that threaten the health of pets and people.
- PetLink: Microchipping is the only unique, unalterable, tamper-proof, permanent form of identification that owners can provide for pets. Once microchipped, owners are encouraged to register their pets so that their contact information is on record in the event that their pet is ever lost or stolen.
- PetSafe Products: Purchase products such as a gentle leaders, easy walk harnesses, fencing, anti-bark collars, and a whole lot more!
- Feliscratch: Redirects cat scratching onto the scratching post. Scratching on various surfaces is a natural behavior in cats. It occurs both indoors and outdoors and on vertical and horizontal surfaces. FELISCRATCH by FELIWAY assists them in choosing the appropriate areas to scratch.
- Online Pharmacy: Shop our online pharmacy for medications, monthly parasite preventatives, pet food, and more.
- RedDingo: At Red Dingo we have great looking tags that include free personalised engraving and delivery. Our enamel on solid stainless steel tags will never rust or corrode.
- United States Department of Agriculture: When travelling with your pet(s), there may be animal health requirements specific for that destination. As soon as you know your travel details, contact your local veterinarian to assist with the pet travel process. Factors to consider may include meeting time frames for obtaining a health certificate, updating vaccinations, diagnostic testing, or administration of medications/ treatments.